MS Visual Studio 2019 is currently the latest version of the integrated development environment (IDE) for Windows and available from Wiresoft in both Professional and Enterprise editions for Windows. Visual Studio 2019 offers a lot of functions and tools to realize games and apps - with Xamarin also for macOS-based applications, supported from Windows 8.1.
In addition to practical features such as Code Cleanup for automatic reformatting of source code, the Live Share function for collaboration in larger teams in real time on the same source code base incl. debugging, Visual Studio 2019 also offers PMA (Per-Monitor-Aware) rendering for correct scaling during rendering as well as various container tools incl. Kubernetes with support for Azure cloud services.
Further, Visual Studio Professional and Enterprise for Windows also include many improvements to existing features, such as in navigation, which has been simplified, refactorings, a revision of builds and solution loads, as well as for the debugger, which now offers more options. Visual Studio 2019 also supports C# in addition to older programming languages such as C and C++, as well as many others.
Key features of the Visual Studio 2019 Professional edition:
- New launch window with a cleaner design
- Git-first workflow, including the option to clone or check out code from a repository
- Optimized repository space without changes to the navigation in the IDE
- The previous tree structure has been replaced by a search box with several powerful search and filtering features - e.g. by language, platform and project type
- New fuzzy search algorithm includes spelling errors or even more natural language
- CodeLens, an exclusive tool in Visual Studio Professional and Enterprise 2019, shows all changes to code as well as code history with respective references, allowing changes to be reviewed before merging with code
- Code indicators for C# and Visual Basic code indicate which team member made changes to the code
Exclusive Features in Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise
In addition to the tools already built into the Pro version,Visual Studio 2019 also comes with a number of other features not included in the Pro version:
- Snapshot Debugging takes a snapshot when an app is actively running, which shows the current state of the source code and variables
- In addition, Time Travel Debugging remotely records web applications running on the Azure Virtual Machine as they are debugged
- Live Unit Testing is a tool specifically for testing projects in .NET Framework or .NET Core in the background while code is being written, including dynamic testing when code is changed and real-time visualization with code coverage
- IntelliTrace for C#, Visual Basic, and C++ records interactions such as access to a system, registry, database, etc. within the program code during debugging, including the ability to navigate back and forth to individual intermediate stations
The integrated development environment Visual Studio 2017 from Microsoft is currently the penultimate version of this professional software for Windows to create apps as well as programs - with all the tools required for this, from code development to debugging and version control to the final release. Visual Studio 2017 is available from Wiresoft as used software in the Professional and Enterprise editions and is supported from Windows 7 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
Key features of the Visual Studio 2017 Professional edition:
The advantages of Visual Studio 2017 Professional are already apparent during installation, because optionally only the core editor can be installed, or also the editor for writing Python code, .NET desktop apps, or games based on Unity. In addition, boot times as well as starting a session and loading solutions run much faster.
Other features of the Visual Studio 2017 Professional edition:
- Integration of Xamarin Mobile Development for the development of mobile apps for Windows, Android as well as iOS - supported features: Xamarin Forms Previewer with live preview, Xamarin.Forms, Xamarin Profiler and Xamarin Test Recorder
- IntelliSense automatically completes APIs the moment they are entered, with tooltips that point out problems, including quick access to members, namespaces, code snippets and more
- CodeLens allows you to navigate to individual functions without leaving the code, and shows in the editor not only all code changes, but also the relevant developer and passed tests
- New refactorings, such as converting if statements to switch statements, adding parameters, and overrides
Exclusive Features in Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise
In addition to the features already mentioned above, the Enterprise edition of Visual Studio 2017 includes additional functionality in individual tools, as well as some additional tools; it also provides support for larger teams of developers so that they can work together to accomplish programming tasks.
Exclusive features of the Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise edition:
- Live Unit Testing for projects in C# and Visual Basic that are based on .NET Core and .NET Framework, respectively, provides real-time unit testing while modifying code, including code coverage with display of tested lines of code (also in real-time), as well as support for frameworks such as xUnit, NUnit, and MSTest
- IntelliTrace for C#, C++, and Visual Basic enables tracking of code execution history, including step-back debugging for C# with "events" and "snapshots" and "step back" and "step forward" navigation features
This also includes a comprehensive set of functionalities that allow you to develop apps for almost any platform. Among other things, effective features for debugging and easy navigation in the code are integrated, further tools such as IntelliSens support programming regardless of the respective language used - clearly united on a user-friendly desktop view.
Visual Studio 2015 runs on Windows 7 SP1 through Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
Important features of the Visual Studio 2015 Professional edition
Visual Studio Professional 2015 lets you focus on development with Visual Studio Editor's "light bulb" productivity feature that immediately points out errors, etc. in code.
Other features of the Visual Studio 2015 Professional edition:
- Roslyn .NET compiler platform for analyzing code in C# and Visual Basic,
- Web framework ASP.NET v.Next
- Support for Apache Cordova Tools, C++, and Xamarin for mobile app development, and
- Updates for VB.NET, C#, C++, TypeScript, and F#
Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise Edition Features
The Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 edition offers enhanced functionality over the Professional edition, broader team support, and some exclusive features that more effectively support programming and testing code in many developer languages.
Special features of the Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise edition:
- The improved Team Explorer makes it easier to assign tasks to specific teams and coordinates all work steps; this makes it especially easier to meet deadlines more securely
- The IntelliTrace feature enables progress-based debugging during interactions and also offers various performance indicators
- Also integrated is a .NET memory image analysis, the allocation of code with debugger integration as well as various tools for load and performance tests
- Microsoft Fakes provides unit testing by isolating code to locate errors in a test; using stubs or shims, code can be tested when other parts of the application are not yet working
- UML 2.0-compliant activity and use case diagrams, as well as class, sequence, and component diagrams
All advantages of buying MS Visual Studio as used software from Wiresoft at a glance
The above mentioned versions and editions of MS Visual Studio are already available from Wiresoft as single-user licenses in a purchase version, i.e. without the usual subscription obligations - when buying such Microsoft applications as used software, you benefit from all these advantages:
- MS Visual Studio editions - Professional and Enterprise 2015 - are significantly cheaper in price as used software at Wiresoft than comparable new software, whereby software is not subject to wear and tear
- The purchase versions of MS Visual Studio offered by Wiresoft do not include a subscription obligation with updates and can be used for an unlimited period of time
- Benefit from the large selection at Wiresoft, because in addition to the latest version of MS Visual Studio you will always find older versions of an application in the software shop
- Due to the different hardware requirements depending on the version of Visual Studio, you are sure to find exactly the software that fits your existing hardware or operating system!
- Wiresoft also offers exclusive editions of Visual Studio, such as Enterprise, as single-user licenses - as used software outside of a volume license
- All Visual Studio editions from Wiresoft are always original Microsoft software and have the same functionality
- All used software licenses of MS Visual Studio offered by Wiresoft include the complete proof of the former sources or buyers
- MS Visual Studio used software from Wiresoft is therefore audit-proof
- You can also benefit from competent, friendly advice on your used software purchase - by e-mail, telephone or chat