MICROSOFT Windows 8.1 ENTERPRISE
Prices incl. HST
Available as instant download
- Order number: SW10044
- Manufacturer No: CV2-00025
Benefits- Fast delivery
- Authorised original product
- Shipment within 24 hours
- Chat, e-mail and telephone support
Windows 8.1 Enterprise - buy the maximum efficiency as a single license
Windows 8.1 Enterprise is the most comprehensive edition of the Microsoft operating system version 8.1 - it offers a fundamental revision of the previous version while retaining its essential innovations: in particular, the visually completely new Metro design, which for the first time offers a uniform user interface across all terminals. The so-called "Modern UI" design (UI = "User Interface") displays all frequently used apps and other tools in simple, minimalistically designed icons in a tiled form.
Under the innovative desktop interface, which now also includes the familiar startup view of the older versions, offers Windows 8.1 especially in the Enterprise Edition a whole range of important exclusive functions and possibilities, which are indispensable in companies especially for the creation and administration of networks - including comprehensive security and data protection: In addition to Windows To Go, which allows users to take the entire Windows 8.1 operating system with them virtually anywhere on a USB stick, these include DirectAccess, which allows a remote connection to be established between client computers and company networks even without a VPN, AppLocker, which allows programs and scripts to be restricted to end devices, and BranchCache for accelerated data access in company networks.
The purchase of the 8.1 Enterprise Edition as used software from Wiresoft offers users the advantage of being able to use this operating system, which was offered by Microsoft exclusively as a volume license, as a single license. In addition, Windows 8.1 Enterprise is compatible with many older hardware systems, which further extends the circle of users.
In addition to the Windows 8.1 Enterprise Edition, the Wiresoft online shop also offers other Windows operating systems as single-purchase versions in various editions that are not available in regular stores, as well as many other Microsoft programs. The following overview presents all typical exclusive features of Windows 8.1 Enterprise, as well as important general features of Windows 8.1.
Exclusive features of Windows 8.1 Enterprise Edition
The Windows 8.1 Enterprise, with its exclusive plus of functions and features, is primarily designed for larger companies and organizations for which remote availability plays an important role in addition to network administration. The following features in particular make up the decisive added value of Windows 8.1 Enterprise:
Windows To Go Creator
With Windows To Go, Windows 8.1 Enterprise users have everything they need to start using Windows 8.1 Enterprise on any device in one hand: as a USB stick. This feature expands the possible uses of the Windows operating system to include non-company computers, for example by freelancers or temporary employees, who can also gain temporary access to the network. With features such as Start Screen Control, the start screen can be pre-defined by the admin in order to define uniform use across all users.
DirectAccess for Windows 8.1 Enterprise allows the creation of a proprietary, IPv6-based remote connection where users can access resources in a corporate network without the need to start a VPN. Administrators can also access the computers of remote users to change policies and update software.
In Windows 8.1 Enterprise, BranchCache is used to optimize the transmission of content over Wide Area Networks (WANs) - it can be used to cache content from file, remote and web servers on local clients and servers. As soon as files change at the source, Windows 8.1 Enterprise does not transfer the complete files, but only the blocks that have changed. This also applies when accessing via DirectAccess or other VPN scenarios. The advantage is therefore the reduction of network traffic and the increase of the access speed to all contents. BranchCache can be especially useful when connecting branch offices.
This exclusive feature in Windows 8.1 Enterprise restricts access rights to run certain programs and scripts to strengthen the security of endpoints and the data on them.
With Windows 8.1 Enterprise, SideLoading allows the installation of in-house apps on domain PCs and tablets without using the "official" method of deployment. In addition, SideLoading offers access to more applications on mobile devices than via commercial app stores such as Google Play.
Other features in Windows 8.1 Enterprise that are important for businesses
As the most Windows 8.1 Editions most comprehensive, Windows 8.1 Enterprise also offers additional functions that are particularly important for companies, especially those that play a role in the creation and administration of networks and security:
- BitLocker - So that the hardware is always protected Sometimes it is quite banal: The laptop is currently traveling on the subway before your very eyes, lying forgotten on the seat on the train - or was actually stolen! The integrated BitLocker uses secure encryption to prevent the finder from misusing sensitive company or personal data stored on the laptop.
- BitLocker To Go is the counterpart for the encryption of USB sticks and external hard drives.
- Domain Join for managing endpoint devices in a corporate network is an important feature, especially for remote deployment of data and programs. By joining a computer's domain, it can connect to a company network offline via the access directory - without the need for a physical or VPN connection. The integrated Domain Controller allows IT administrators to manage all network computers that are united under a domain. DirectAccess is used to centrally create and manage policies so that network computers have a common database and security policy. BYOD scenarios (Bring your own device - usually private end devices that do not belong to a specific domain) can also be managed via this.
- Hyper-V is used for the virtualization of data centers. This version, which is also integrated in Windows 8.1 Enterprise, can be used for client virtualization, so that virtual servers can be moved or copied between Hyper-V hosts even during operation, including hard disk images in VDHX format. Individual systems can be completely isolated with Hyper-V, and security functions such as Data Execution Prevention (DEP) and Network Address Translation (NAT) for managing IPv4 addresses are also available.
- Other security features include enhanced end-to-end security with Trusted Boot and Secure Boot, Windows Defender and Microsoft SmartScreen for detecting malicious software behind a URL, Encrypting File System (EFS) for encrypting files on NTFS volumes of Windows operating systems, and Windows Firewall.
Typical additions and new features for the entire Windows 8.1 version
The Windows 8.1 operating system retains the typical, fundamentally revised design of the previous version of Windows 8, but Microsoft has responded to the wishes of many users and now offers an improved version with several changes that make it easier to use.
"Modern UI" tile look and Charms Bar
As before, the start screen of Windows 8.1 Enterprise and the other editions the new Metro design with the single-color tiles. However, users can now switch to the familiar older start menu view by clicking the Windows. Here they can change important settings directly with a right click or perform functions such as restarting or switching off immediately. Windows 8.1. also offers the following:
- In Windows version 8.1 Enterprise etc., four tile sizes (Large, Wide, Medium, Small) are available to further customize the icons. More important apps can thus be displayed more prominently on the desktop, with the larger display also showing additional functions/live information. A separate app "Help and tips" is available to explain further options.
- Even when apps are open, the active programs in Windows 8.1 can now be displayed in freely selectable sizes - depending on the screen resolution, up to four open apps can be displayed simultaneously. The display size remains variable even after opening.
- Windows 8.1. also offers new setting options for the Charms Bar, a tool that was also introduced in the previous version. This gives users immediate access to the five Standard"Start, Settings, Devices, Search, Share". Those who want to do without them can also deactivate the Charms Bar in Windows 8.1 Enterprise, as well as the switch function between apps.
- In addition, in addition to the previous integrated Standard, users can also display their own or downloaded photos or several in rotation.
Update for SkyDrive
SkyDrive, Microsoft's online storage service, now has a more powerful synchronization, where only folders and thumbnails are updated, compared to the complete automatic data synchronization with end devices. Files are now actually updated and downloaded only after double-clicking, saving hard drive resources and being especially useful when the Internet connection is weak.
New apps in Windows 8.1
For the entire Windows 8.1 version, including the 8.1 Enterprise Edition, there are various new apps that can be used to do practical things. These include the calculator app for simple calculations, but also for converting units of measurement, the alarm clock app including countdown timer and stopwatch, the app for cooking and enjoyment, with many recipes and shopping lists, and the sound recorder app for your own sound recordings, which can be saved directly from the app to SkyDrive. The photo app contains basic image editing functions, for example to adjust the exposure and colour tone. All apps can now also be grouped according to your own wishes.
Hardware requirements for the installation of Windows 8.1 Enterprise
The installation of Windows 8.1 Enterprise places certain requirements on the hardware: Windows 8.1 Enterprise is available in a 32-bit and a 64-bit version, certain programs and apps can only be used with the 64-bit version. The following minimum technical requirements must be met by each end device when installing Windows 8.1:
- Processor: 1 GHz / 32-bit with PAE, NX/XD and SSE2 support or 1 GHz / 64-bit with CMPXCHG16b, LAHF/SAHF and PrefetchW support
- Hard disk space (HDD): 16 GB or 20 GB
- Working memory: 1 GB RAM or 2 GB RAM
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0
- Screen: for Windows Store Apps 1,024 x 768, for further features like the docking function at least 1,366 x 768 pixels
Your secure purchase - Windows 8.1 Enterprise at Wiresoft as single license
Windows 8.1 Enterprise is only offered by Microsoft or conventional retailers as a volume license. In the Wiresoft online shop, however, you can buy the Windows 8.1 Enterprise Edition as a single user license - as so-called used software, but with identical functional scope.
Microsoft used software purchase - safe and cheap at Wiresoft: The single license of the Windows 8.1 Enterprise Edition offered here for purchase was part of a more extensive volume license, as it is usually only purchased by larger companies. The latter has the right to resell - a legal procedure according to EU law - whereby the volume license is first broken down into individual licenses and then marketed as used software. This splitting up and the new designation as used software does not have any actual effect on the usability or functionality of this Windows 8.1 Enterprise or any other desktop operating system, because software is generally not subject to wear and tear.
Wiresoft sells original Enterprise editions of the Windows 8.1 software, which is identical with the product offered by Microsoft. The purchase of used software in Wiresoft's software shop does not represent any legal risk for you, because the trade with used Microsoft software is clearly permitted by law, which has also been confirmed by numerous legally binding judgements.
For this reason, you can download the Windows 8.1 Enterprise licence immediately after the purchase process completed by you on a terminal device and activate it with the volume licence key supplied with it, which is only valid for you, and use it without any restrictions.
Purchasing software from Wiresoft is therefore also inexpensive: Used software from Wiresoft offers customers a clearly favourable alternative to many other software offers, if they want to use the Windows 8.1 Enterprise desktop operating system as a single-user license. By the Used Software offer of single user licenses in the Wiresoft Shop you can also buy special editions like 8.1 Enterprise at a particularly favourable price - just like many of our previous customers, which include SMEs and organisations, but also self-employed persons and private individuals, who benefit from our reasonably priced software offer!
In the Wiresoft software shop you will find Windows 8.1 Enterprise as used software as well as other versions of Windows Desktop operating systems as well as programs from Microsoft as an inexpensive purchase version for immediate download. If you have any questions about this or any other Microsoft software, simply use our competent advice in chat or by e-mail or telephone.