MS Access 2019 Specific Programme
Microsoft Access 2019 is a powerful database management system with which complex databases can be created and managed according to individual requirements. Not only Excel, XML and dBASE files can serve as data sources, but also the contents of PDF documents and e-mails can be used for this purpose. These are imported using appropriate forms and then evaluated by the tasks defined using macros and filters. MS Access can also process large strands of numbers, which are common in professional calculations. Access 2019 also informs the user with individually configurable reports about all important details and thus keeps them up to date at all times, whether for business or private purposes.
For collaborative work on a database, Access 2019 also offers comprehensive management of individual access rights, both for viewing and for their respective use. This made efficient project work possible. In addition to local storage of data, there is also the option of storing data centrally and securely in the cloud to provide access via the Web.
The Microsoft Access 2019 program is normally a fixed component of an Office and therefore not usually available singly - at Wiresoft, however, you can buy it as a stand-alone program, and at a particularly favourable price.
Innovations in Access 2019
With the purchase of Access 2019 you will receive the current version of this extensive Office, which has many improvements in detail and completely new functions in addition to the usual features.
Visualization of Access data with new chart types
In Access 2019, 11 new chart types are available to clearly visualize data in forms and reports. Individual fields can also be easily adapted to the dimensions of a chart, and changes can be displayed immediately in the preview. It is also possible to create interactive diagrams, for example by selecting a different category field in a form or report filter. The following chart types are available in Access 2019:
- Line chart: This type displays all categories along the horizontal x-axis and all values evenly distributed along the vertical y-axis.
- Bar chart: This type displays the categories along the horizontal axis (x-axis or property axis) and the values along the vertical axis (y-axis or property values).
- Bar chart: Here, the categories are arranged along the y-axis or the values along the x-axis, with the positions of the dimensions "Axis" and "Values" in the opposite position.
- Pie chart: With this chart type, the categories are displayed as individual segments of a circle and the data values are displayed as a percentage of the total value (complete circle).
- Composite chart: Here two or more chart types are combined to visualize relationships between different data, e.g. as a column chart and as a line chart.
Support of the data type "Large number" (BIGINT)
The BIGINT data type - "Large Number" - can now be used to calculate large numbers by storing a non-monetary numeric value that is added as a field in an Access table or imported by linking it to a database of the appropriate type (e.g. SQL Server) The "Large Number" data type with its eight bytes offers a much larger range (-2^63 to 2^63-1) for calculations than the "Number" data type with four bytes (-2^31 to 2^31-1). Please note that by activating the BIGINT data type, an Access database is no longer compatible with earlier versions of Access.
Simple sorting of property sheets
Previously, finding a particular property among many others in the Properties Window was often a problem, especially when it was contained in forms and reports that were spread across multiple tabs. In Access 2019, all properties can now be displayed alphabetically by clicking on the sort function, which makes searching particularly easy and fast. With a second click, all properties are displayed again in the default setting.
New property "Designation name" in the controls
The new "Label Name" property available in Access 2019 makes it much easier to enter the name of a control to assign a label control to it. This possibility of assigning a label name to a control also improves accessibility, as these can now also be recognized and specified by assistive technologies.
Optimized repetition of an ODBC connection
Connections between a Microsoft Access database and an external data source, such as Microsoft SQL Server, which are made using the Open Database Connectivity Protocol (ODBC), could previously only be restored in the event of an interruption by closing the Access database beforehand, because in older versions Access did not attempt to restore the deleted connection to the external data source.
Access 2019 offers an improved solution here, where an error message with a description of the error is displayed first. Then Access automatically tries to reconnect to the data source whenever an operation is performed that reuses data or objects that require an ODBC connection. As a result, closing and reopening Access is no longer absolutely necessary.
Accessibility improvements in Access 2019
The accessibility of Access has also been significantly improved in the new version in order to facilitate access for as many users as possible. Many of these improvements have been made by optimizing individual specific Access functions in detail, but also more general features to make working with Access as efficient as possible. This has been achieved in particular by extending the speech output and optimizing the integration of Assistive Technology.
Optimization of the speech output functions
The speech output now recognizes additional controls that are called up in forms, reports and data sheets:
- Reading column names in table, query, and form data sheets using speech output has been simplified.
- The extended or reduced status of lookup fields and combo boxes is now also recognized and can thus be read.
- The lines "lookup field" or "combo box" can now be recognized and read even if there are several columns.
- In a dialog box, names of option groups with the status "selected" or "deactivated" are now recognized and read.
- In a data sheet, the arrow symbol of a filter for a column can also be recognized and read.
- The comment function of controls in a specific form section has been improved.
- In scan mode, navigation has been improved by clicking left or right to get to a radio button; pressing the space bar allows to switch between them.
Improvements when using the High Contrast mode in Access 2019
- The "Filter" button is displayed in the navigation bar of a record or form.
- The Manage Data Tasks dialog box displays imports saved in the External Data tab.
- Column headings and command buttons are now displayed in data sheets.
Other accessibility improvements in Access 2019
Using shortcuts when working with Access databases not only helps to work more efficiently. Especially for users with impaired vision or mobility they are a great help and an indispensable alternative to mouse-based work. The execution of individual actions inAccess 2019 is further enhanced by the use of new keyboard shortcuts:
- The key combination alt + H creates a table.
- Clicking on Q opens the filter of a table column.
- The key combination FD opens the Find and Replace dialog box.
- Clicking the key combination shift + F6 scrolls through all sections in a pop-up form.
- Editing a new value list item is easier: The Lookup Wizard creates three different types of lists to choose from: a lookup field, a value list field, or a multi-value field.
- The key combination Ctrl + E opens the Edit List Item dialog box.
dBASE files are supported again
Access 2019 again supports .dbf files, which can now be re-imported, linked or exported.
Improvements to the Tell Me Wizard
Access 2019 also offers the possibility to receive suggestions from Access for specific tasks or queries. By entering appropriate terms in the "Tell Me" field in the upper menu bar, the corresponding options are displayed. Simple questions are answered directly in the window; for more complex questions, "Tell Me" suggests the help that best matches the search term.
System requirements for Access 2019
Access 2019 is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. This means that individual hardware requirements may differ.
- Operating system: Windows 10 (Enterprise, Home, Pro), Windows Server 2019
- Processor: min. 1.6 GHz
- RAM: min. 2 GB (32 bit), 4 GB (64 bit)
- Graphics: min. 1280 x 768, DirectX 9 with WDDM 2.0
- Compatible with: Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro
- Available languages: German, Danish, English, French, Italian, Polish, Spanish, others on request
Buy Access 2019 cheaply as an Office from Wiresoft
MS Access is usually an integral part of the respective Microsoft Office and therefore not readily available as a purchased version. At Wiresoft you can also buy MS Access 2019 as a single program - in contrast to many other software resellers - and at a particularly favourable price!
Your further big advantage: When buying this single user license you neither have to make a long-term and usually expensive subscription commitment nor accept a time limitation of use. Therefore it is definitely worth buying Access 2019 as a single user license from Wiresoft, as you will not have to download any paid updates later.
The functionality of the Access single user license offered is identical to the version included in the Office Suite 2019. This means that not only smaller companies, but also freelancers can benefit from all the advantages of the new Access 2019 - and save money at the same time.
In addition to Access 2019, you can buy not only older previous versions of it, but also many other Microsoft software licenses in the Wiresoft Software Shop at a special price. These are always original Microsoft products. They were usually part of a volume license from a company or their usage rights were released again with the resale. However, this does not restrict their usability, nor do you as a buyer enter a legal grey area. When Wiresoft bought the software, the previously installed software including the license was deleted, so that it is free again and can be used by a new user. As a serious software dealer, Wiresoft offers all Microsoft products exclusively as pure full versions, which are thus unlimited and 100% usable.
If you have any questions about Access 2019 or any other Office, please contact us by e-mail, phone or chat and benefit from our competent advice.