Microsoft Word 2016 for professional word processing
Word 2016 is a cloud-optimized version of the proven classic word processing software from Microsoft. The wide range of functions, combined with the high level of user-friendliness, makes Word 2016 an indispensable tool for the professional creation of texts - not only for daily use in the office, but also at school, at university and at home. The wide selection of styles and the many intuitive wizards allow even inexperienced users to create attractively designed text documents with Word 2016 - from comprehensive annual reports and documents to letters, contracts, essays, speeches, invitations, and much more.
New diagram types extend the possibilities of providing Word texts with descriptive graphics, the integrated spell checker and new wizards such as the "Insights" and "Tell Me" functions offer a high degree of comfort - for professionals and beginners alike.
Word 2016 represents another major step forward in more efficient team collaboration on texts: Various cloud features ensure this, with an improved version history and the possibility of assigning reading and usage rights directly within a Word document. Added to this is the optimized touch function, with which the word processing software can also be used on tablets and smartphones.
The improved cooperation with Windows 10 expands the range of different Windows operating systems with which Word 2016 can be used, especially because of the compatibility with Windows 7, this version of Word can still be used on older computers.
Microsoft Word 2016 is a typical part of the corresponding Office and as such usually not available for purchase separately - at Wiresoft, however, you can purchase the program as a single user version at a favourable price. With the purchase you get a powerful version of the proven word processing software, which has the advantage that you can use it without any obligatory updates.
New specific Word functions of version 2016
Word 2016 differs from the previous version not only by further optimization of existing features, but also by several new functions. In particular, these are aimed at making the joint work on a Word document in a team, including in the cloud, even more productive and efficient, including the following features:
- Real-time input: The feature "Real-time input" organizes the simultaneous collaboration of several users on the same Word document and thus makes it clearer and at the same time easier: It shows all places in a Word file where a certain user is currently making changes; this means that these changes can not only be tracked, but also immediately checked and, if necessary, corrected.
- Commenting function: The improved commenting function also makes the team-supported word processing in Word 2016 even more practical: All comments are thus directly integrated into the Word document in question, so that users can respond to them again directly. This eliminates the need to write an e-mail, the content of which would have to be reinserted into the document in question.
- Save in attached folder : The folder in which a Word document is located can now be attached to the side of the document. This has the advantage that all employees involved can access it even faster and more conveniently via a jumplist, as well as all other documents contained in it.
In addition to these team-supporting features, Word 2016 also offers other proven functions and additions for designing text documents graphically or importing content from other than Word documents:
- More options for Wordart formats: Word 2016 now offers significantly more formatting options for the various forms that were previously available. Once a Wordart shape is inserted, the Shape Gallery offers many new style options for further editing.
- PDF in Word: The contents of a PDF can now be transferred to Word 2016 even more easily. Instead of laboriously copying texts and images, the PDF can be opened directly in Word; this feature is particularly practical because all graphic elements can also be transferred directly and then freely edited in Word, instead of having to make them available first through another program. Finally, the respective Word document can be saved in PDF format immediately from within the program.
New general functions in Word 2016 and other Office 2016 programs
Word 2016 also includes several new features to help users work with text, some of which are available across programs in other Office such as Excel, PowerPoint, etc., and improve the efficiency of text creation in particular.
Assistant "You wish" - "Tell Me
Word 2016's ribbon now includes an integrated wizard called "Tell Me" ("You Wish"), which is indicated by an icon in the shape of a light bulb and is especially useful as a help for beginners. To use the feature, a user simply writes in the input field next to the light bulb what he wants to do in a Word document and "Tell Me" explains where the function in question is located, or offers further assistance with more complex questions to perform the desired action.
Assistant "Insights" - "Intelligent Lookup"
If a user wants to obtain further information or an explanation of individual terms or details when writing or reading a Word document, he no longer has to click away from the Word program to switch to the Internet and search for results. Now it is enough to simply mark the term in question with the mouse and activate the Bing-supported intelligent search by clicking. Matching search results are displayed with "Insights" directly in the Word window on the side.
Simplified sharing of Word documents
Word documents can now be shared with others even faster and easier: All users need to do is click on "Share" in the menu bar and select the desired options. Here, individual rights for reading or writing etc. can be assigned for the individual addressees.
"Version History" for collaboration in Word
When working together on a Word document - especially when this is done simultaneously in the cloud - it is important to keep track of all changes made by the various participants in the text. The version history is an indispensable basis for this. With the "Version History" function, earlier versions of text remain available: It displays older editing states and makes them available again for editing.
New descriptive diagram types
Word 2016 also provides users with some new chart types that are integrated with Office and that can be used to illustrate statistical information in a text. In addition to TreeMap, waterfall and Pareto (column) diagrams, these include diagram types such as histograms, sunburst and box diagrams, which are particularly well suited for the clear visualization of hierarchical or economic calculations.
Integration of OneDrive in Word 2016
Microsoft OneDrive is a versatile cloud storage for web-based file sharing that can now be used in Word 2016. Users can store Word documents in OneDrive to access them from anywhere and on any device. OneDrive thus also enables users to work on Word files online together, across all locations.
Using Data Loss Protection in Word 2016
Data Loss Protection (DLP) is Microsoft's proven tool that defines and applies effective policies to prevent data loss. DLP is now also available for all documents in Word 2016 via SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business. Administrators use Data Loss Protection to define policies that protect sensitive data in documents. For example, if a potential security risk is detected, DLP indicates this to a user by means of appropriate notices and can also prevent the transfer of the data.
System requirements for MS Word 2016:
Word 2016 is available in a 32-bit and a 64-bit version, depending on the Office that comes with it; individual hardware requirements may vary depending on the version.
- Operating system: Windows 7 or higher, Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher, processor: x86 or x64-bit processor with at least 1 GHz and SSE2
- Memory: 1 GB RAM (32-bit version), 2 GB RAM (64-bit version) minimum
- Hard disk space: 3 GB
- Display: 1,024 x 768
- Graphics card: A DirectX 10 graphics card is required for graphics hardware acceleration
Buy Word 2016 as single program of the Office from Wiresoft
MS Word is a normally an integral part of Microsoft Office and cannot be purchased separately. In contrast to most other providers of Microsoft software, you can also buy the Word version 2016 from Wiresoft in the online shop as an individual program: You do not have to make any subscription commitments or observe any time restrictions when using the program. Therefore, the purchase of Word 2016 as a stand-alone program is worthwhile in the long run, because you do not have to download any paid updates later on.
This Word 2016 Single User License is identical to the Word program, which is also integrated in the corresponding Office Suite 2016. The purchase of the Word 2016 Single User License is therefore a cost-effective, economic alternative to the Office, especially for those users who have no need for the other Office, for example freelancers, students or smaller companies, but who do not want to do without this classic word processing software.
Word 2016 as well as all other Microsoft software licenses, which are offered in the Wiresoft Software-Shop, are always original Microsoft products, which you can buy as single user full version, depending on the program. These are mostly from volume licenses of companies or may already have been used. This does not cause any disadvantages for you as a buyer of used software. Every software product available at Wiresoft you acquire completely legally and this can be downloaded by you after payment immediately and used completely. Any previous installation of an already used program by the previous owner has been deleted with the sale to Wiresoft, so that this program can be reinstalled again and is 100% usable. Every Word license has therefore been checked by Wiresoft for its actual usability. As a serious software dealer, Wiresoft neither offers such software for sale, which is only valid for a limited period of time, nor does it represent a test version for limited use.
You can also benefit from our competent advice on MS Word 2016 by e-mail, telephone and in chat, or if you have any questions about purchasing another Office software.